altcom feasibility study & network design studies typically include:
- Location uncertainty due to arrival time pick & hodogram uncertainty for a user specified monitoring network geometry & velocity model
- Moment magnitude (Mw) sensitivity for a given network & attenuation behaviour, based on both empirical & physics based models.
- Generation of synthetic focal mechanism data for sensitivity analysis.
- Location uncertainty associated with velocity model uncertainty, including systematic shifts between two specific velocity models & random uncertainty associated with a base model.
- Modelling of migration-based large surface/downhole array acquisition & processing sequences
- Finite-Difference (FD) elastic model simulation of earthquake sources, including wave-front animation & generation of synthetic seismograms. This module can be used to investigate arrival genesis within the subsurface (eg head-waves) & provide simulation data for the investigation of processing sequences